Application Recommendations

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Lank, Mar 26, 2018.

1. Lank

Lank Staff Member Chief of Administration Admin

Deagle: Rank#6508
    Multi1v1: Rank#33519
    AWP: Rank#22114
    Good Morning PGN!

I'd like to bring up a topic I've been meaning to discuss. I have noticed that the recommendation system we have in place is flawed. It has turned into more of a social media popularity contest instead of a more professional way to review "resume's". I'd like to ask that all members take it more seriously when "+1'ing" someone because it reflects your ability to judge character as well as gives a good insight on the applier. I bring this up because I have seen multiple copied recommendations and people not really giving their time to think about the application.

I would also like to see our staff specifically "-1" more bad applications if they are truly bad. This isn't a popularity contest and we shouldn't be worried about feelings because making someone staff who isn't ready for it can really introduce toxicity that PGN doesn't need. I have seen staff "+1" someone and then in discord tell me they really don't think that person is ready yet, which should never happen. Please mention it on the forums but in a mature and polite manner. If someone responds inappropriately to a "-1" as if they are angry about your comment, staff will handle it.

We should all use the application process more professionally and efficiently if we are truly trying to expand and better PGN. Now this doesn't mean it has to be a boring application at all; please try to throw in some "Flavor" to spice things up and show how unique you are. But, I ask that everyone try and still remember the applications original intent, which is making our staff and PGN as a whole, a better community for all.

Have a GREAT day PGN! - Chief Lank

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. (^=o.o=^)▀█▀▀█

(^=o.o=^)▀█▀▀█

Multi1v1: Rank#33519
    AWP: Rank#1076
  3. Hops

Hops Staff Member Admin

Multi1v1: Rank#898