[PGN][TIPS&TRICKS] OVERWOLF MOUSE MOVING LAG SPIKE

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by HashSlingingSlasher, Jan 22, 2018.

1. HashSlingingSlasher

HashSlingingSlasher

Deagle: Rank#6508
    Multi1v1: Rank#33519
    AWP: Rank#22114
    Overwolf Glitch
    This forum post is to state the issues of the "Overwolf" program glitch. You may be facing this issue if when using your mouse quick movements back and forth across the screen in the game will cause FPS to drop down to about 30-40;
    this problem does not involve PureGN servers but it is client side.
    You can easily uninstall Overwolf from your computer to fix this.
    To do this first go into your control panel by searching for it in your search section of your taskbar. When going to control panel click on 'Programs'
    control panel1.PNG
    After going into the program section you'll need to click 'Programs and Feartures'
    controlpanel2.PNG

Now find 'Overwolf' program section under this category.
    overwoldglitch.PNG
    This should be located as that. Simply from here click the 'Unistall/Change' button.
    controlpanel3.PNG
    This should run you through the unistall process. After it may pop open with a Google Forms window that says its no longer valid, disregard this and you are done!

FOR BEST RESULTS ON THIS YOU MAY RESTART YOUR PC!!!

Thank you for your time here today, hope this solves the issue. It worked well for me!
    ~Owen D.
    Thank you so much!
    Hash for pres 2018.

+1 me pls. Thanks.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Einstein

Einstein

Owen,

Do you know what Overwolf is in general? I've never heard of it and unsure what you mean by mouse movements going back and forth quickly. Is this a program that Valve installed throughout computers with CS:GO? Thanks boss, just never heard of the program.

E

3. HashSlingingSlasher

HashSlingingSlasher

E,

I haven't really used it enough to tell.

My issue I was having was when I slid the mouse from side to side quickly it would drop my dps to low low amounts.
    I believe it's because of overwolfs playback feature.

I'll link the other solution here:
    http://www.overwolf.com/blog/fps-drops-solved/

I believe it was installed from my Logitech gaming software that I downloaded for my peripherals.

~Owen

• Like Like x 1
  4. Dylxn

Dylxn

Multi1v1: Rank#2527
    AWP: Rank#1076
    @Einstein Overwolf is an overlay that is partnered with Teamspeak (TS3) and most Teamspeak user's use it in game a lot like how Discord's overlay works in game, but as with Discord there can be bugs that mess around with it, for instance my Discord overlay will not work with Autoexec's and therefore it messes up my cursor and freezes my game, hope that cleared it up bud

5. Einstein

Einstein

@Dylxn Thanks man! Yeah, definitely clears a lot of stuff up. Hopefully future people reading this will understand it too, time for me to go disable it :p

• Agree Agree x 2