Banned

Discussion in 'Approved' started by Commie Pepe, Oct 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Commie Pepe

Commie Pepe

Deagle: Rank#6508
    Multi1v1: Rank#33519
    AWP: Rank#22114
    1. In game name: Commie Pepe
    2. STEAM_0:0:166355585
    3. plat maybe? not exactly sure
    4. no clue
    5. permanent maybe? All it said was "you have been banned by this server." and to check this website.
    6. I didn't do anything wrong.
    Hope you guys can help.

Edit: I realize it may realize it seems as if i might be scripting because for b-hops I have a free-spinning mouse wheel that I bound to jump, which may look a little suspicious. I don't see anything wrong with this though.

2. Lans.

Lans.

Do you have a Logitech mouse? Disable the infinite scroll if it's a feature on it, as it's considered hyper-scrolling and is frowned upon in most games, including this game and server. Most servers ban for H-scrolling.

3. Eclipse

Eclipse

If you don't see anything wrong with it, then I suggest looking at it as if you were allowed to run double the max speed with a knife out in competitive. That wouldn't be fair to the other team. Our servers are skill based. We added the easy hop feature to encourage faster play and more variety each round. By abusing that feature, you were banned. Not even the best bhoppers on our server can reach even close to your 17+ jumps per hop. As Lans suggested, disable the infinite scroll feature if you can. If not, get a different mouse.

4. Commie Pepe

Commie Pepe

I understand all this but a warning before a permanant ban would have been nice, so I would have known to stop. I have been playing on this server for months and have bhopped like that almost the whole time and nobody has ever said anything, and then i get banned out of the blue. Seems a little unfair.

5. chuggie

chuggie

Can I just say that that is kind of unfair because I play with commie all the time and with his infinite scroll there are people who hit way more hops. They even gain more speed than him. You could of warned him.

6. Eclipse

Eclipse

You weren't banned out of the blue. deagle (the admin who most likely banned you) said in the Discord admin chat "Warned him more than 10 times" which you most likely ignored each one or were playing with voice_enable 0 each time. Mod and Admin respect is something that PGN is dedicated to.

7. Eclipse

Eclipse

note my response to commie.

8. chuggie

chuggie

I do see the points you have made but commie would not ignore someone if they were trying to warn them. In no way commie would disrespect an admin or mod. I'm just saying give him another chance.

9. Commie Pepe

Commie Pepe

Ive played with voice enable 0 only once, and that was on this past Saturday because i didn’t have headphones. So unleass out of the months ive played I got all the 10 warnings in like an hour, that makes no sense. And when i got the ban i had been playing for more than an hour with no warnings. And on top of that why would i ignore warnings that i was going to be banned. Makes no sense.

10. Eclipse

Eclipse

I do not have the power to do so. One of the admins has to look at it and decide for themselves. I'm only a mod.

11. Eclipse

Eclipse

Maybe when deagle gets back to this he can shed some light on the reasoning but at this time be patient. You might be the first lifted ban though. All I can give you is what deagle put in the discord and what Lans. said.

12. Commie Pepe

Commie Pepe

Ok, thanks for your help.

13. Ant

Ant Staff Member Owner

Multi1v1: Rank#184
    AWP: Rank#7
    Commie, I'm open to reduce or lift the ban, provided you discontinue the use of your hyper scroll. I'm pretty positive deagle would also warn in chat like all admins are instructed to do in the likely chance you're gaming with voice_enable 0.

14. Eclipse

Eclipse

only problem Ant, the only reason people look at the chat is to see how many points they lost.

15. Commie Pepe

Commie Pepe

Yes! Thanks so much. And I do agree to stop using the hyperscroll.

16. Ant

Ant Staff Member Owner

Multi1v1: Rank#184
    AWP: Rank#7
    Alright. Approved

• Like Like x 1
  17. deagle

deagle Staff Member Global Admin

Multi1v1: Rank#595
    AWP: Rank#28
    Commie, I do apologize for not knowing your reasoning for hyper-scrolling, although I did give you multiple warnings, including letting you play for several days after I noticed. I am in complete agreement with Ant for approving your appeal, as long as you don't do it again. Thank you for visiting our forums and you have a great rest of the day!

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.